Georgia Journalism Academy
June 9-15, 2013
Are your ready to play?
Paying by credit card? Click here to process payment. (Please note you still must submit the registration form.)
THE EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE HAS PASSED, BUT SPOTS ARE STILL AVAILABLE IN MOST CLASSES!
Already registered? Download the confirmation packet. Please note forms must be returned by May 24.
The 2013 Georgia Journalism Academy will be held June 9-15 at the University of Georgia's Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication.
- Obtain in-depth knowledge from our expert instructors in one core class you'll take throughout the week: TV News Broadcasting, Photojournalism, Advertising, News Writing, Feature Writing, Editorial Writing or Sports Writing.
- Enhance your knowledge in either publication design, web design or broadcast production while producing the official Academy newspaper, website, broadcast news TV show or advertising campaign.
- Take seminars providing insight into the field of public relations, as well as staff leadership techniques and information on applying to the highly competitive University of Georgia.
- Experience college life: live in UGA's residence halls, study in the Grady College and Miller Learning Center, work at and around the UGA campus and eat at Georgia's award-winning dining halls.
- Meet fellow student journalists and form new friendships.
- Have fun!
Registration is $600 and includes tuition, housing, food and supplies. A limited number of scholarships are available. Download the registration packet for more information. Registration and scholarship application deadline is May 3, 2013.
Campers will be staying in Church Hall on the University of Georgia campus.
- Check-in is between 4 to 6 p.m. on Sunday, June 9.
- Checkout is 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, June 15.
Traveling from out of state? The University of Georgia is located 75 miles northeast of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL) in Atlanta, the hub of Delta and AirTran Airlines. Groome Transportation operates 18 daily shuttles between the airport and Athens.
For more information, contact Joe Dennis at 706-542-5022 or e-mail email@example.com.
Check out highlights from the 2012 Georgia Journalism Academy:
- View the official Academy broadcast, The Glee Report.
- Download the official Academy newspaper, The Dynamic.
- View the photojournalism class' slideshow.
- Check out our 2012 Superstar!
2011 Academy News
- UGA Press Release: Dada Named Journalism Academy Superstar
- Watch "The Grady Glee Report," the broadcast published by students of the 2011 Academy
- Visit the "2011 Grady Glee" Facebook page for photos and more from the 2011 Academy
- Download "The Grady Generation," the newspaper published by students of the 2011 Academy. (2 MB)
- View the photojournalism class slideshow
- Download the official 2011 program (1.2 MB)
2010 Academy News
- UGA Press Release: Lithonia's Brown Named Journalism Rock Star
- View photos from the 2010 camp
- The Amplifier, the Academy's newspaper
- Twenty-four broadcast students created a TV news show, "Grady News Network," for the 2010 Academy.
| Visit our iTunes U store to download | To directly download .mp4 movie (32.3 MB) |
- View the 2010 Academy Program
2009 Academy News
- UGA Press Release: Jones Named Journalism Rock Star
- "The Goal Post," the Academy's newspaper. (10 MB)
- Photos from the 2009 Academy.
- Twenty-two TV broadcast students created a 15-minute TV news show, "The Rock Report," for the 2009 Georgia Journalism Academy. Click here to download this .mov movie (19 MB), or click here to download this show from GSPA's iTune U store page*
- * Visit www.apple.com to download either a free Quicktime player or iTunes software to view the "The Rock Report"
2008 Academy News
- UGA Press Release: Van Wicklen named Journalism Academy's MVP
- "The Goal Post," the Academy's newspaper. (4 MB)
- 2008 Academy Photo Gallery
To download .ppt (207 MB) | To view web slideshow
- Grady Gridiron, the academy's show
2007 Academy News
- UGA Press Release: Lawson Named Academy's "Chief of Staff"
- Grady Hosts Journalism Academy Students
- "The Pulse," the Grady's Anatomy newspaper. (5.4 MB)
- 2007 Academy Photo Gallery
- "The Grady Bunch," the Academy TV show